We want to share Jesse Ogle’s story about the life-saving impact of two Stillwater Medical physicians and his 2017 open-heart surgery. Jesse was our special guest at the recent Wild at Heart Gala, a fundraiser for Stillwater Medical’s Heart & Vascular Institute. Your philanthropic investment will help Stillwater Medical’s cardiologists create more survival stories like Jesse’s.
The Stillwater Medical Foundation is focusing its work on the Heart & Vascular Institute (HVI). This $20 million dollar, 40,000 square foot construction project, slated to be completed in the winter of 2019, will greatly enhance the cardiac care available at Stillwater Medical Center.
In addition to doubling the Cardiac Catheterization Lab, the second floor of the institute will be home to a state-of-the-art cardiac rehab gym and cardiac clinic for our cardiologists’ practice.
The Institute will also provide:
- A procedure room for other interventions and diagnostic tests.
- Procedures for patients with Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD), intermittent claudication, non-healing wounds of the legs, and critical limb ischemia.
- A second interventional cardiologist, allowing us to have 24/7 care for cardiac emergencies. This addition offers adequate time for each practitioner to rest between procedures, reducing risk of physician burnout.
- Increased placement of cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators.
- Space for an electrophysiology specialist and a heart failure specialist
We’re excited to share the layouts of the HVI. If you’ve driven by the hospital recently, you can see this project is well underway!
In acknowledgement of your generosity, we are pleased to offer a variety of naming opportunities. Whether it is the entire institute, an area of service, or a piece of equipment, it will be our pleasure to work with you to select a recognition vehicle that suits your needs.